My new address : www.melancholyinmadness.wordpress.com

May 21, 2011

Effing much! Duh...

Every morning I wake up and go through with my day....at the end, I sigh.....what was so good about it?
Now, don't even dare to think am writing a philosophy research paper on "Happiness in life" because I am not! Take yesterday for example...neither did I turn Superwoman and save the day, nor did I win the Nobel Prize. Sigh! But that's my incompetency. When I was a kid (strange...using the past tense), I used to dream of being whisked away to Hogwarts by Hagrid....When my 11th birthday came, my parents didn't know WHY I was so upset despite having done everything they could do to make my birthday special! You see, they didn't BELIEVE  that Hagrid would come.


Soooo, I gathered I am not gonna be a witch...not a pretty good thought you know! Flying away aboard my very own Firebolt was a route...an escape route...from what I couldn't possibly tell! But it seemed a good idea that time. Seems like, it still is...may be not the Firebolt...but the running away part!


Sigh...............too many dots....indicates the recent gap I am suffering from, almost like a block! Speaking of blocks, I FINALLY overcame my reader's block AAAAANNNNDDDD finished Jeffrey Archer's False Impressions in a flat 4 hours reading session. What used to be an engaging pastime has turned into the toughest exam for me - reading! Always an avid reader, imagine my shock when I used to be staring at a page for half hour or so and realising that I've managed to read only 5 effing words!!! Being able to finish a WHOLE novel was equal to an achievement!


Achievements! Another thread.....almost everything I do nowadays feels like one! Am so exhausted all the time that even the effort of typing has become nothing short of a 'dream come true' ....Just 5 minutes back, my cousin called and made plans for dinner out tonight! Nothing new...but the very task of getting up from my comfy bed and dressing up for an outing no longer holds appeal! Sigh....guess the years are finally catching up on me! To cap it, I have to wash my hair too because I was just too lazy to do it in the morning! See, I feel like a 200 kg 80 year old lump! SIGH! I need a boost up! I need chocolate! ...........................................ummm, okay I feel better!!! Nothing like a good old bar of dairy milk !! Aaaahhhh! Chocolate is most definitely the food of the gods!


When I made this blog, I made myself promise never to hit the backspace while typing except for the usual typing mistakes....guess if I keep it up, all I will be posting is this sort of haphazard thoughts! Bah :/ who cares??? Do you?

4 comments:

  1. i swear i never could write that continous on anything i get my hands on.. i usually go 10 backspaces per letter... I am experiencing the readers block that u jsu overcame... i mean its 1 year since i read a proper book!

    And btw my post on the century's curse was totally an coincidence.. i can't belive it!!
    Keep postin.. we'll keep readin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaarrrryyyy potteeeeerr! :) You made me happy mentioning your witch-turning fantasies! I still can't get over the fact that it's not for real. :( and congratulations on finishng the book! :D can I suggest your next read? Perks of being a wallflower. It's one of my favorites. You will like it. :) And, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ash keep reading! Also, keep following! Dint see you in my list! :P

    @sarita yep HP being false was death to my dreams! :P doesn't stop me from reading them till now! btw, am reading William Dalrymple's Nine Lives: In Search of the Sacred in Modern India. will read your recommendation after that ok? :) keep reading...your comments are extremely valuable!!

    @arindam thanks !!

    ReplyDelete