My new address : www.melancholyinmadness.wordpress.com

December 27, 2011

Purposes & Surprises

Both are perhaps my least favourite words ever. I detest purposes and surprises from the top and bottom of my heart. Somehow being in total control or not being in control at all doesn't appeal to me much. I like having a little control and then again expect life to continue to surprise me. Makes sense?
Not to me.
The year ends. Somehow I've no memory of living 365 days a 100% this year. Perhaps I slept away some weeks or probably I was in comatose.
Time flies. I know that. Somehow this year flew a bit too fast for me. And to be completely truthful I've done nothing worth mentioning this year (as if I do every year). LOL!

This year has given me a lot of things that I don't know how to reciprocate to. The only memorable things this year (not in any order) includes my trip to Digha, my Christmas holiday at Pedong, the college fest, tripping for the first time, my birthday at the hostel (real surprise there), amongst the little memories with my friends. :D Even if fate thinks otherwise, somehow my friends and I always manage to spice up our lives. A lil tweaking and we're ON. <3

Every little thing counts. But not so much that you don't move on. Somehow "selective memory" becomes a hard reality for me now. But the whole purpose is perhaps to go ahead and let life surprise me....erm may be not so much.
I don't mind the happier surprises :D ...it's the ugly ones I am against.

Signing off before you start grumbling. (:
Hoping you had a great year. Wishing you have been invited and dint have to buy any New Year party tickets. (this new advertisement about buying New Year party tickets at some Zomato had me cracking up like hell).
Very curious about the resolutions you're making and consequently planning on breaking :P [don't deny, been there...done that!]
And last but not the least, wishing you a blast the next year. Bye 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment